“Cathy's new book, Anytime Reading Readiness, is just about the best book on the market for helping parents get children ready to read; practical, easy-to-use strategies support great parent-child interactions.”
- Susan B. Neuman, former U.S. Assistant Secretary for Elementary and Secondary Education
"Calling all preschool and kindergarten teachers: Before They Read will make you a better teacher and will raise student assessment scores! The age-specific charts make it easier to track reading readiness from all different learning abilities. It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Reading becomes a snap!”
- Stacey Kannenberg, “Get Ready To Learn Mom” and award-winning author/publisher of Let’s Get Ready Series from Cedar Valley Publishing
“Mrs. Miller far exceeded my expectations. Her presentation was wonderful – fun, lively and chock-full of practical ideas and suggestions.”
- Andrea Still, Preschool Director, Willowbrook Weekday Early Education, Huntsville, AL
“Your excitement about reading was wonderful…and contagious!”
- parent, Rockfish River Elementary, VA
Your hard work, detail oriented, child focused approach to research makes you one of the really important people in my life.
- Cupp Publishing, creator of Georgia textbook adopted curriculum
Congratulations on receiving our National Silver Investigative Reporting Award for the two part series your wrote for Atlanta Our Kids. Your thorough approach allowed for both revealing the extent of the problems and the effort at reforms, which led to far more depth than usually seen. . .
- Parenting Publications of America
You are brilliant. Thank you for the epiphany of balancing teaching students the technicality of reading with teaching students to love reading.
- Sharon Johnson, Reading Teacher
I loved Ring Around the Rhyme and based my curriculum on the information you provided with additional stories and rhyme based activities. I teach preschool children with disabilities and I found it much easier to keep my student's attention using your tips. I never realized how nursery rhymes could be expanded to teach behavior, following directions, fine motor, gross motor, matching, and so many other important preschool skills. I targeted 3 rhymes a month to fit the season and skills that I was teaching.
- Heidi Holt, Scottsboro, AL Preschool Teacher
Cathy Miller’s unceasing dedication to these children and the RIFE® program has resulted in increased test performance among our most at risk children (12% faster rate of improvement than the general school population).
- Elizabeth Hickman, Manager, One to One with Books, Woodstock, GA